Terms and conditions for exhibition insurance, including transport.
Länsförsäkringar SAK AB in cooperation with Norges Varemesse.
1. WHO IS COVERED BY THE POLICY
The policy applies to the assured as the owner of insured exhibition objects as well as leased exhibition materials for which the exhibitor is responsible.
Others than the assured/The policy also applies to co-exhibitors, companies represented as well as other owner(s) of insured exhibition objects when they cannot obtain compensation under other insurance.
2. WHEN THE POLICY APPLIES
The policy applies to damage suffered during the period covered. For the policy to be valid, an order must be received three days before moving onto the exhibition site.
Insurance cover, including transport
- begins when the exhibition object to be conveyed by the insured transport departs from the place where it has been held in storage for transfer to the exhibition site
- continues during normal transport and associated loading, transhipment and unloading
- continues during the exhibition and the duration of the associated stay
- continues during normal return transport without unreasonable stops to the destination, except as specified in section 7, sub-section 1
- terminates when one of the following points is reached
- the exhibition object enters its intended place of storage
- the assured takes delivery of the exhibition object at another location
- the assured assumes control of the exhibition object in another manner
- 30 days have passed since the exhibition ended.
3. WHERE THE POLICY APPLIES
The policy applies in full within the EU/EFTA region. It applies only to the exhibition venue if the assured is located outside the EU/EFTA region.
4. SUM ASSURED
The sum assured is limited to the maximum amount specified by Norges Varemesse. An increase in the sum assured can be obtained for a supplementary premium.
The excess is NOK 1 000 per claim for damage/theft. In the event of intrusion into and theft from the assured’s own vehicle/trailer, the excess is 20 per cent of the amount claimed, but at least NOK 5 000.
6. WHAT THE POLICY COVERS
Exhibition objects and aids for use at the exhibition
During the exhibition/The policy covers damage to or loss of exhibition objects caused by sudden and unforeseen events.
During transport/The policy covers damage to or loss of exhibition objects and costs for general average.
Extraordinary costs over and above the specified sum assured are compensated as the direct costs incurred in relation to indemnifiable damage, up to 10 per cent of the sum assured.
Packaging/Damage to packaging intended for reuse is included.
7. WHAT THE POLICY DOES NOT COVER
Return/onward transport of goods sold during the exhibition. The policy does not apply to damage, loss or costs caused by/incurred as a result of
- failure to comply with the regulations of Norges Varemesse or the relevant exhibition venue
- storing property with empty packaging
- failure to package/stow the exhibition object in an suitable manner for transport
- soiling, wear, fading, scraping, scratching or the like
- normal handling and use of the object
- inadequate protection against normal weather conditions
- the exhibition object’s own condition
- climate-related temperature effects
- loss of time, interest charges, business or trading gains, loss of market or other indirect losses
- the cost of transporting away and scrapping a damaged object
- war, warlike incidents, civil war, revolution, insurrection, riot or civil commotion nuclear reactions
- damage caused by the breakdown of refrigeration or heating systems
8. DUTY OF CARE
- The stand must not be left unattended while the event/exhibition is open.
- The assured or its employees must treat insured property with due care and attention.
- Objects attractive to thieves must be kept as far as possible in locked display cases, or be secured by locking devices. Small, easy-to-steal and valuable objects, in particular, should be kept in locked cases.
- After the event/exhibition closes or comes to an end, valuable objects attractive to thieves must as far as possible be kept locked up or secured.
- Failure to observe the duty of care could mean a reduction in the amount of a claim. In some cases, all compensation may be refused.
9. FORM OF INSURANCE
This policy is based on the actual cash value of the objects insured, which means that the assured sum will correspond to the actual cash value in the event of damage to insured property.
10. MEASURES IN THE EVENT OF DAMAGE
Duty of rescue
The assured is duty-bound to
- avert damage which can be expected to be imminent
- limit damage which has already occurred
- deal with and protect damaged property as quickly as possible.
If the duty to rescue means that additional costs are incurred, they will be refunded within the limits of the specified maximum sum assured, providing they have been reasonable in the circumstances. The assured is duty-bound to protect its own and the assurer’s rights against the haulage contractor or other party causing damage.
NOTIFICATION OF LOSS/CLAIM
Damage which could give rise to a compensation claim must be notified as soon as possible.
In the event of substantial damage, Länsförsäkringar SAK AB must be contacted immediately.
Moreover, the assured must report vandalism, theft, burglary, assault or other breaches of the law to the police as soon as possible.
Compensation claims must be submitted to the assurer as soon as possible after the damage has occurred and no more than six months after the assured has become aware of the damage. The assured undertakes to specify the compensation claim and provide a list of insured property – damaged and undamaged – on request, with information about the value of each object before and after the damage.
The assured also undertakes to substantiate its claim on request by specifying the information available and by securing verification, evidence and other documentation required to assess the assurer’s obligation to indemnify and the size of the compensation. The costs of making a claim are not refunded.
11. CLAIM ASSESSMENT RULES
Damage to property is valued as the difference between the property’s actual cash value immediately before and after the damage.
12. RULES ON CLAIMING UNDER THE POLICY
It is incumbent on the assured to substantiate that damage/theft has occurred and the value of the damaged or lost property. If the lost property is judged to be repairable, the assured must await the instructions of the assurer before repairs are initiated. Compensation for damaged property can in any event never be higher than the property’s value immediately before the damage occurred. The assurer always has the right to inspect the damaged property. Länsförsäkringar SAK AB has the right to determine whether the damaged object should be replaced or the compensation paid in cash. Should no replacement be made, the amount of the claim may be reduced.
13. GENERAL POLICY TERMS
This policy is otherwise subject to the Swedish General Marine Insurance Conditions of 2006 (Allmän Svensk Sjöförsäkringsplan av år 2006).